Purpose & Scope:
Pro Star Aviation is seeking a highly qualified Structural Design Engineer (Aerospace) to work at our Londonderry facility located at the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
The Structural Design Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer
Education & Training:
- B.S. Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Minimum three (3) years of engineering experience in aircraft modifications
- Experience with Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) modifications
- Fluency in aircraft industry standards for fasteners and material
- Comprehensive working knowledge of engineering principles, repair and fabrication practices, aviation hardware, and general aircraft maintenance operations
- Knowledge of technical aircraft data such as; engineering drawings, SRMs, MMs, SBs and IPCs
- Hands-on experience with primary aircraft structure
- Knowledge of aircraft design concepts, industry design standards and FAA regulations
- Experience working with the FAA and FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DER)
- Proficiency in SOLIDWORKS or equivalent, AutoCad and Microsoft Office
- Ability to prepare accurate and concise hand sketches for repair or design improvements
- Ability to perform basic structural analysis
- Must be a self-starter who is adaptable, highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to maneuver around airplanes (e.g., climb stairs, work safely on work stands and man lifts) and in confined areas (e.g., cargo compartments, E/E bays)
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Northeast Region
- Must be able to pass a background check
To ensure your application gets in the right hands, please choose the link that best describes your background.
We don't discriminate, we just have people with different backgrounds reviewing the applications so we don't miss any valuable experience.