Seeking a General Manager with a business and corporate aviation background/focus and a minimum of 5 years management experience to oversee day to day operations at Pro Star Aviation. Applicant must be willing to commute to Londonderry, NH (MHT) daily for work. This position is available immediately.
The general manager supervises lower-level managers and oversees day to day operations of the company. You will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and disciplining lower-level managers and employees, as well as coaching and mentoring lower-level managers. As general manager, you will create incentives for employees and evaluate the company’s efficiency and productivity. Additionally, as the general manager, you will collaborate with company principals to develop strategic plans for business growth based on short-term and long-term goals. Then you will communicate those goals to your team and guide them to success.
General Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee day to day operation of the company
- Communicate and embody the companies values and vision
- Provide leadership and motivate department managers to foster a growth mindset
- Delegate duties to all department managers and ensure accountability
- Prioritize tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines, streamline processes to maximize productivity
- Resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Weigh the costs and benefits of various options to determine the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Analyze past and current performance and recommend objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- Define & Implement policies and performance standards
- Build up the company through recruiting and mentoring new talent
- Assess departmental performance and devise plans for improvement
General Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Aviation MRO practices
- Background in aviation maintenance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management or Business Management required
- Minimum of 5 years prior management experience
- Good communication skills; both written and verbally
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to pass a SIDA Security Background Check and D.O.T. drug/alcohol testing
- Willingness to commute daily to Londonderry, NH for work
To ensure your application gets in the right hands, please choose the link that best describes your background.
We don't discriminate, we just have people with different backgrounds reviewing the applications so we don't miss any valuable experience.