Purpose & Scope:
- Work with a small, yet diverse, group of Aerospace Engineers to learn the essential duties and responsibilities of his/her role in development and design of custom aircraft modifications or first-of-type projects
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of engineers to support the design, integration, and testing of a variety of avionics systems.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Create system schematics, system descriptions, interface documents, wiring diagrams, functional test requirements, and design compliance reports for upgraded aircraft systems.
- Review installation drawings, qualification test data, and reports.
- Research specifications for components.
- Work with suppliers and internal customers to assist with investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving system, component or aircraft issues.
- Process engineering design changes, perform tests, process test data and troubleshoot test anomalies at the system level or sub-system level.
- Perform engineering analysis on electrical systems as needed
- Work under the direction of the Chief Engineer
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in electrical and/or avionics systems
- Have working knowledge of electrical, avionics, and wire harness design guidelines for CFR Part 25 aircraft
- Have experience working with CAD programs (AutoCAD a plus)
- Have excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD security clearance
To ensure your application gets in the right hands, please choose the link that best describes your background.
We don't discriminate, we just have people with different backgrounds reviewing the applications so we don't miss any valuable experience.