Purpose & Scope:
- Work with a small, yet diverse, group of Aerospace Engineers to learn the essential duties and responsibilities of his/her role in development and design of custom aircraft modifications or first-of-type projects
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of engineers to support the design, integration, and testing of a variety of avionics systems.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Create system schematics, system descriptions, interface documents, wiring diagrams, functional test requirements, and design compliance reports for upgraded aircraft systems.
- Review installation drawings, qualification test data, and reports.
- Research specifications for components.
- Work with suppliers and internal customers to assist with investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving system, component or aircraft issues.
- Process engineering design changes, perform tests, process test data and troubleshoot test anomalies at the system level or sub-system level.
- Perform engineering analysis on electrical systems as needed
- Work under the direction of the Chief Engineer
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in electrical and/or avionics systems
- Have working knowledge of electrical, avionics, and wire harness design guidelines for CFR Part 25 aircraft
- Have experience working with CAD programs (AutoCAD a plus)
- Have excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD security clearance
Mike Touchette | Chief Engineer | (603) 627-7827 x114