Get a Jump on ADS-B Out 2020 requirements...
schedule your aircraft for upgrades before the rush!
For information specific to your aircraft, please call our Sales Department at (603) 627-7827.
|STC Referenced:||ST00361BO - ADS-B Solution for Primus® II (XS-852) ADS-B Out System (FAA)|
|STC Holder:||Pro Star Aviation, LLC|
|Approval Date:||July 2016|
Pro Star Aviation teamed up with Honeywell Aerospace to create a complete STC solution for Primus II equipped aircraft that is both; compliant with current FAA & EASA ADS-B Out mandates, DO-206B standards, and offers owners & operators options in equipment upgrades and system configurations.
STC AML addresses the most popular business and corporate aircraft known to be equipped with a Primus II system:
Citation 550 | 560 | 560XL | 650 | 750
Hawker 800 | 1000
Learjet 40 | 45
STC Package contents:
|✓||Flight Manual amendments|
|✓||FAA Approved ADS-B Certification for the entire system|
|✓||Support from the original engineers behind the STC's design & development|
STC solution is:
- Specific to Honeywell Primus II equipped aircraft
- Compliant with 2020 ADS-B Mandates & DO-260B Standards (required for flight above FL18)
STC solution provides:
- Upgrade of existing RCZ-8xx units
- Replacement of RM-850's with RM-855's for ADS-B Out compliance
- Three (3) configuration choices for interfacing GPS's to RCZ unit(s)
- Flexibility when interfacing GPS units with a WAAS GPS sensor
- Supports GPS's that provide SA (selective availability) to meet DO-260B compliance standards.
- To meet DO-260B standards, a GPS with "Selective Availability Aware" (GPS SA) capable sensor (developed to TSO-C145b or TSO-C146b criteria) is required to provide the Mode S Transponder with; position, velocity, altitude, figure of merit, and integrity limit data.
equipment & Location on aircraft
(Remote Monitoring Unit)
|❶ RM-855 (new/upgrade)|
|*Two PN's are available from Applied Avionics; 28V DC or 5V DC.|
(Global Positioning System)
|❷ KGS-200 (new)|
|❸ GNSSU (upgrade)|
Our STC uses only GPS's that provide "Selective Availability" (SA).
(Radion Communication Unit)
|❹ RCZ-8xx (upgrade)|
installation requirements - minimal equipment
IK-837 or IK-839 Strap Module/Kit
Wiring modifications between the GNSSU/KGS-200 and the RCZ units (at a minimum) are required to complete the ADS-B out installation.
Active Antenna (GPS)
Any installation involving upgrade of GNSSU's to -GD06 PN or to a KGS-200, an active antenna will be required to get that system in full compliance with DO-260B standards and ADS-B Out mandates.